Join the Harriers for training! Monday - juniors age 8-15; Tuesday - coached endurance/road runners; Wednesday beginners & social runners looking to get faster
- Written by Paul Chadwick
- Hits: 6331
ALL TRAINING SESSIONS CURRENTLY PAUSED AS OF 12th MARCH 2020 - please follow Govt Guidelines during Coronavirus lockdown - NOTE Tuesday Trainining programme is constantly updated so that you can follow the plan on your own (see at very bottom of this page)
Training opportunities with the Harriers all the year round & for members (only) opportunity to pay discounted rate for a term, or the year. Please read on for the various training opportunties with the Harriers. Come along to give a session a try>
- Juniors (age 8-15) - full track & field athletics programme or XC/road running training on a Monday. Qualified coaches set & deliver the programme.
- Age 14- 74 (younger athletes by invitation if of a good enough standard) Middle Distance & XC Training and quality sharp session for 5k/10k/long distance runners on a Tuesday. Qualified coaches set & deliver the programme.
- Seniors (age 16-76) - road and off-road running for beginners or those in training for 10k, half marathon or marathon. Qualified coaches with beginners group.
Read on for full details of each session, who to contact and for the latest Tuesday training programme set by Tuesday senior coach Jon James see the very bottom of the page. All Harrier qualified coaches at the sessions are unpaid volunteers. Parents and senior athletes can assist by holding stop watches, counting laps, or raking long jump pits etc as required. All sessions are open to Harrier members, and guests where appropriate, but members of other local Clubs are expected to join the Harriers as they benefit from the Club's coaching.
Photos of our Club Training Sessions in action!
- Written by Paul Chadwick
- Hits: 2303
Training opportunities with the Harriers all the year round: COME & JOIN US!
One of the best reasons for joining a Club is to have other people to train with, and to tap into the coaching advice, guidance and expertise available. Wells City Harriers provide a mixture of formal and informal sessions for different age groups age 8 to 80+.The Club has several qualified coaches, some of whom have coached for over 10 years. Come and join us at the session most appropriate to you.
If you are a junior, we can coach you to compete at track & field and cross-country
If you are a senior and have a target to get fitter, we can coach you and provide a training group for you
If you are a senior wishing to complete a road 5k/10k/half-marathon or marathon we have a training group or two that can help you achieve your target
- MONDAY Evening - Juniors age 8-16 at Millfield track - all track & field and Cross-country
- TUESDAY Evening - Seniors and juniors age 14+ at Millfield track for Middle distance & 5k/10k training
- WEDNESDAY evening - Seniors age 16 upwards at Wells Rugby Club - beginners and experienced
- SUNDAY morning - distance training groups from various locations